I am feeling noticeably better these days. My doctors and I are fine tuning my rheumatoid arthritis treatments, both medicinal and otherwise, and are getting closer and closer to settling on the best combination for me.
- I still dictate most of what I write but have been able to type for longer periods of time. This has been a huge shot in the arm of hope and excitement for me.
- I'm more mobile and more active, which has been a goal of mine for well over a year. It's good to feel like I'm getting back to a healthier place and am learning to live my life happily and healthily.
The Jonquils/Lancasters/Folks of Hope Springs
The business side of publishing is so slow and painstaking sometimes.
- The Jonquils & Lancaster families and their books:
- I have three more books in these psuedo-series done, polished, shined up, and ready to go. I have two more drafted and ready for editing and fixing. I have the remaining family members' stories outlined and just waiting to be written.
- So where are they? On my computer. *sigh* I truly thought the business end of this would have been worked out by now, but sometimes the wheels turn super, super slowly. I will let everyone know as soon as I have something to pass along. I promise! And I hope it will be very soon.
- The Folks of Hope Springs
- A lot of people ask if I'll be revisiting Hope Springs and the townspeople there, especially the "guy who didn't get the girl" (attempting to avoid a spoiler just in case someone out there hasn't read Hope Springs yet). I absolutely do and have, in fact, already started writing that guy's book. There are no release timelines here because the book's not done yet. But, again, I'll keep everyone updated as I have things to announce.
This is going to be really, really vague. Bear with me.
- I have what I've been calling my "Super Secret Project," a novel I'm super proud of and absolutely loved writing. It's fun and touching and is, of course, a kissing book. :) I hope to have news to pass along to you soon!
- There's other fun stuff going on behind the scenes that I can't pass on yet. Soon, I hope! Soon!
While I don't have any signings scheduled at the moment, I do have some conferences I will be participating in...
- May -17, 12th Annual LDStorymakers Writers Conference, Provo UT. I will be teaching 2 classes and serving as a bootcamp instructor. The conference includes a book signing for attendees.
- June 15-19, Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers, Sandy, UT. I will be teaching a class about writing a stellar romantic plot line.
- September 17-20, InD'Scribe Writers Conference, Palm Springs CA. I will be teaching and selling/signing books.
Thank again, everyone, for your continued words of encouragement and support and for your patience while we all wait for things to move forward. You're the best!