It's Wednesday. Let's go walkabout.
(I'm bringing along a few of my mates as I wander through the vast wilderness of the publishing industry, learning the ins and outs, and having a grand adventure.)
Walkabout, Week 5:
I am on a two-week writing hiatus. As of last Friday, I am spending an entire fortnight doing absolutely no writing. Why, you ask. Hmm. I sense the approach of bullet points.
- Since the beginning of the year I have written 2 complete novels and rewrote/thoroughly edited a 3rd.
- I have a ridiculously neglected house.
- My children & husband miss me.
- I miss me.
- helping kids with homework
- watching movies with the kids after homework is done
- dating my husband
- stripping wallpaper that has been on the wall longer than I have been on the earth.
- re-caulking the shower & tub
- painting walls
- climbing a lot of ladders and otherwise doing things that are kind of fun, a little intimidating, not necessarily safe for a klutz like myself, and entirely necessary
Well, one more, just for the fun of it. During this self-imposed exile from the world of writing, I had the privilege of giving my very first interview. That's right, folks, I was interviewed. Check it out:
See you Friday for this week's installment of I Need Friends Friday. You'll laugh. You'll cry. (You'll mostly just laugh.)